Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Announcing the Winter Pinterest Challenge!


I am honored (and frankly a little surprised!) to be amongst the great bloggers heading up the Winter Pinterest Challenge.  That's right-- Katie at Bower Power and Sherry at Young House Love are back at it again, and Cassie of Hi Sugarplum and I have been invited to join in on the fun.  And yes, it's totally less than two weeks until spring (and we've been having spring-like temps in Georgia for the past month), but you should know by know that this crew follows its own set of rules.


The idea of the Pinterest Challenge is that Katie and Sherry realized they had pinned all sorts of great ideas on their Pinterest boards that they should just do.  Sort of like an early Dude, Get On That Already challenge, except with Pinterest.  So they decided to team up once a season to create one project based on a pin.  You might remember the last few challenges I participated in, including summer's guest bedroom crayon wax paper artwork (and summery recipes for extra credit) and fall's framed paint chip art.



This time around we're putting out the challenge for all of you crafty folks to post your own projects by next Wednesday, March 14.  You don't have to do something too huge or time-intensive to participate (my past projects have been completely freeeee and only took a tiny bit of elbow grease each time), but please share if you create something!  You're welcome to use the Pinterest challenge banner in your own blog post, and make sure to link up to the hosts in your post, too.

P.S.  You can follow me on Pinterest here, and follow Katie, Sherry, and Cassie, too!  Come on-- you know you want to continue the vicious cycle.  If you still haven't heard of Pinterest, check out their About page and request to join the madness ASAP.  And in the interest of full disclosure, Pinterest doesn't endorse this challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Ohh Love your paint chip artwork!! Great colors!
    :)
    -Jill&Eric at Frozen Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill and Eric! It was super easy, too, thankfully!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on joining the Pinterest Challenge for this round! Can’t wait to see what you come up with. I need to head over to my pins and get inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hosting the Pinterest Challenge!! I came over from Young House love and started following you! Cant wait to see what you ladies come up with!! I started following your P-boards for some inspiration...

    Good luck!

    Samm
    www.LittleHouseintheBigD.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samm! Now I just need to look through my own boards and figure out what in the world I'm going to do this weekend! :-) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. New reader here from Bower Power! I'm also a Georgia blogger (Lawrenceville). I'm looking forward to participating in my second Pinterest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Go Georgia bloggers! Can't wait to see your project next week!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on co-hosting!! How exiting...now I need to get to work!

    Happy to be your newest follower!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And happy to have you following! Thanks for reading. :-)

      Delete
  6. I love your paint chip art - much better to use paint chips to create art than to toss them in the trash when you're done with them! I've pinned a paint chip art project that I'm planning to do one of these days - just have about 58 other projects in line ahead of it!

    I have a project that was inspired by five Pinterest pins for the challenge. Looking forward to sharing it and seeing what's inspired everyone else :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I know how you feel- sometimes you've just got more dreams than you have time!

      Delete
  7. I just started following from Young House Love. I adore the paint chip art! Such a cool idea. I just finished my post for the Pinterest Challenge - I'm so happy to have gotten it done - http://iwannabemewhenigrowup.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinterest-challenge-arted-office.html. Looking forward to reading your blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara! I love your Pinterest challenge! Keep an eye out for my post tomorrow morning at 10am EST!

      Delete
  8. HI there!

    I found you through the Pinterest Challenge and am your newest follower. I love your blog design and look forward to seeing more!!

    I took the Pinterest Challenge at
    www.thenorthendloft.com

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! Glad to have you! Love your egg project, and just in time for Easter, too. :-)

      Delete

Comments make my day. Won't you leave one?